Monday, July 30, 2012

the desires of my heart

There is something that I have been wanting for a while now.

I just figured that if I kept going, eventually it would show up.

Yeah, I probably could have gone out and found it on my own.

I probably could have asked someone to find some for me.

But I didn't ask, I didn't find, I didn't get any of my own.

Sunday morning, fighting my usual "don't want to get out of bed"ness,

I finally got going and on my way to church.

Walking through the back door, I met what I never expected to see that morning.

Right there, right in front of me, that thing my heart had been wanting.

Brought to church by my good friends.

I spent some time with this desire tonight. 

It made my evening so much better. 

I hope you get to enjoy some in your life as well.

Home grown too.  How often do you see that in the city?

Fresh, home-grown,


OKRA

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm in love with this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate okra for three days, three different ways. It was DELICIOUS!

      Delete