Sunday, March 31, 2013

Preoccupation with Positive Pessimism

I don't even know if I spelled that right.  You all know how preoccupied I can be with my marital status.  Well, I decided to be preoccupied with the marital status of someone else, and I've decided to start a blog about it.  I'm not really sure if I should advertise as I really don't want people to know it's me, but I know there are like only two of you that check in here so here goes....

My greatx3 aunt (I believe ancestry calls it second grand aunt or something like that) never married.  When I found out about her a couple of years ago through my dad's cousin, I was fascinated.  I have been fascinated ever since.  The fact that she was a Miller like me (or rather Mueller) fascinates me even more.  I know how I feel being a single in this date and time, I can't imagine what it was like in the 1800s.  This is why I decided to start a blog about it.  I don't think I will be able to find out much about her, so I'm going to use my imagination to fill in her "dash" - mainly for my own enjoyment but you are welcome to join in if you want.  The new blog is here.  I'm still working on the layout and everything so bear with me (and the picture is not my aunt but actually my great grandmother who married into the Miller family - see below).  

This is my great-grandpa Miller.  I think I have his eyes.

This is my great-grandma Miller.  I've been told I have her chin.

Good night, and Happy Resurrection Day!

1 comment: