Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Answered prayers

Over the last couple of years, I've kept a top 10 prayer list of things I intend to pray for until they're answered.  I have been reminded of a couple of these answered prayers recently.  I think it's wonderful the way God remains faithful to His children even when we tend to stray away.  He may not have answered all my prayers with a yes, but it's great to know that He does hear me when I pray.  That is one thing of which I can be certain.  On another note, I believe that God truly does bless His children when they unite and are faithful in doing His work.  Last year, we started a Wed. Night kids program at our church called KidZone.  We were averaging between like 8 and 15 last year.  This year, on our smallest attendance night, we have had more kids than any night last year.  And I think it's great!  Tonight was the best night yet.  We had 28 kids in all.  And even better yet, a few of these kids have realized their need for a Saviour and have accepted Him as Lord.  My own niece and nephew were baptized a couple of weeks ago, and there are a couple of more (in addition to one who was baptized earlier) who will follow in a couple of weeks.  God is doing great things right now and I am so happy to be a part!

1 comment: