Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Singles Devotional for me again

You might be seeing a lot of me on here. I'm off Facebook for Lent. :) Time to focus in the more important. Here's what I learned last night:

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

Mercy? God desires mercy from us? What kind of mercy does God desire from us? Mercy towards others? Mercy towards myself? I'll admit, I'm okay in mercy towards certain types of people but not all types. I'm not at all good in mercy towards myself. I'm hanging onto guilt from things I did a long time ago. I use these as excuses to keep me from other things. And mercy towards others? I need to show God's love to everyone regardless of anything that they may have in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment