Tuesday, March 25, 2014

This is now...over and over again

🎡🎢  I absolutely love music. 🎢🎡 I always have music going in my car. It doesn't matter what CD is in the player or what song is playing on my phone. I tend to listen to the same song over and over, for a while at least. 

I recently bought the new Casting Crowns CD THRIVE.  As with all of their albums, this one is AWESOME. I love all the songs, but there is a particular one I'm stuck on at the moment. This is Now. This song talks about being with Jesus as a disciple, and watching the miracles He did, and then almost going back to the life before Jesus. I wonder how anyone can see things like that and then turn back to the old life. Like the Israelites after crossing the Red Sea. After all the wonders they had seen from the hand of God, it didn't take them long to begin complaining and wanting to go back to bondage in Egypt. That was then. This is now.  

Aren't we the same way though? We see God through the wondrous but fail to look for Him in the every day things. Or we let the worries of the world and the attacks from the enemy keep us from seeking God. What are we missing by turning away? We may have to trudge through the every day to get to the wondrous again. One foot after the other. Come on. Let's walk it together. God is waiting for us on the other side. This is now. Let's get back to where we were when we first trusted. 

1 comment: