Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The key to freedom - Truth

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free - John 8:32

I am one of those people who has a hard time letting go of things.  Not physical things, but mental things.  One of the mental things I have a hard time letting go of is my desire for marriage and the fact that this desire remains unfulfilled, and the fact that it looks like it might remain forever unfulfilled.  In order to make sense of this, I try to make truth out of the lies that are fed to me by the roaring lion.  These lies are not roared at me, but whispered to me and I am the one that roars them out to myself.  If I start telling myself these lies in the morning, my entire day is ruined.  I find it hard to accomplish anything else because I am so focused on the lies.  I'm tired of it and want to be free from it.  And the way to get free from it is to tell myself the truth.  The truth is that God is in control. I may not understand why somethings happen, but He has a purpose for keeping me single for the present moment, and maybe for the rest of my life.  Maybe it's to help someone who is also wanting something and doesn't understand why is hasn't came to pass in their life.  I don't know and I may not know until I reach heaven.  I've got to keep this truth in my head, instead of letting it be filled with lies by the one who is out to keep me from reaching the potential that God has for me.  It's time for me to step out of the prison of lies, and into the freedom that only the truth can bring.

Side note:  I told the kids at church that exchanging the belt of truth for a belt of lies or not dealing with the truth at all is like having to have a belt to keep your pants on.  When I start off my day without putting the belt of truth on, it's like not being fully dressed and prepared for the day.  It's a prime article of clothing needed to complete my morning toilette.  And it's high time I started every day with the truth, so instead of dwelling on the lies, I can rest in the truth and be who God made me to be.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent analogy! I am praying for you to throw off the lies!

    ReplyDelete