Friday, September 2, 2011

More positivities from the Psalms

Is there a better color for positivities than purple? (I know my friend Maggie would agree LOL).  Tonight I read in Psalm 3 & 4.  I really don't know what made me start reading in Psalms on the first but it seemed like a good place to start.  In reading tonight's verses, I don't really feel that people are rising up against me but I feel sometimes that I am going to have to struggle with some things for my whole life.  I've prayed for God to take them away, but He has not.  I know that He probably has a plan for these things, and will use them in ways that I never expected.  I know that He is in it, and that when I get through it I will be stronger and He will receive greater glory for it.  And that is more important than me getting what I want and what I think I need.  Who better to decide what I need than the one who created me?  :-)  Psalm 4 ends with one of my favorite Bible verses:

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
         For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment