Thursday, September 1, 2011

Naneristic Positivity for the day

Sept. 1 - I pick up my Bible (for the first time in many days) and open up to Psalm 1.  I struggle a lot with God's timing and when/if things are supposed to happen.  When reading verse three, a thought came to me. 

"A tree...that brings forth it's fruit in it's season"
 
Different trees produce their fruit in different seasons and it takes longer on some trees than on others.  Plus, there are some trees that don't bear fruit, because they are not by the river.  My fruit has not been very evident lately because I have not been spending enough time at the river, and when I don't spend enough time at the river, it affects everything I do.  If I plant myself by the river, my leaves will not wither when drought comes, and I will still produce fruit. I have been fleeing the River when drought comes.  In actuality, I should have been doing the opposite.  I should run to the River when drought comes, so I can still bear fruit and remain positive.  The negativity in my life becomes so much more evident when I fail to spend time at the River.  Pray with me that I will spend more time at the River, so that I will be more positive in my life, and in that way also be more positive to the others who are in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Awesome insights. I love your thinking. Roger and I just started reading Psalms together, too, and just read that psalm. I totally love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete