Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Positive Promises, #1

My next couple of posts will be on promises found in God's Word that have been revealed in my life in the last couple of years.  There are many promises in God's Word, you just have to look for them. 

  1. Promise #1, Isaiah 54:1-3 (now, I'm not barren, but I am single and this verse has meant a lot to me).  The number of children coming to our church has really grown in the last few months.  And we seem to get new ones every week.  It's really good to see, and also good to hear, the sound of lots of children in our church.
  2. Promise #2, no one can take us out of the Father's hand.  I have wanted to rebel and just run away many times, but I felt His love holding onto me.  It would not let me go.  How grateful I am that He loves me that much! 
  3. Promise #3, 1 John 1:9, forgiveness when we ask for it.  There have been so many times when I should have just been struck down for the things I've said and done.  I'm not perfect, but His Love is and it will cleanse us when we ask Him to heal and forgive us.
More to come....

1 comment: