Sunday, January 1, 2012

Positive rant time...

As a single, I get sick and tired of hearing "your time is going to come" and "there's a man out there for you" and "my sister-in-law's beautician's nephew's step-dad's brother is single" and yada yada yada.  I think as young children we're told too often that we are going to grow up and find our prince or princess and live happily ever after.  It continues all through our childhood.  "Save yourself for your spouse" and you will honor God.  A good friend (you know who you are) brought up this weekend that we should be told that you should keep yourself pure because this honors God and is the right thing to do.  And I agree.  Not everyone is destined to remain single, but in the world we live in it's becoming more and more the thing to live life for oneself and leave God out of the picture.  For many of us, it's difficult to find a Godly spouse, a person whose goals are the same as ours.  At least I know it's been difficult with me.  However, if we can find our purpose and find contentment in what we are doing and truly seek God in what we do everyday, I don't think it will matter that much.  I feel like I've been living for so long waiting for Mr. Right to show up around the next corner that I've wasted too much time.  And it's time for that to end.  I'm praying that 2012 is going to be a great year!  I know that God has great things in store and I can't wait to see what He is going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment