Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Serenity in Singleness

So I thought I would be smart and look up a singles' prayer.  Hahahahahahaha.  What I got was a singles' prayer marathon that guaranteed that my Godly spouse would show up soon and that I could be married by January 27th.  Can you hear my laughter as I type?  So then I thought I would be creative and maybe reword the Serenity Prayer and make it fit for singles.  So I looked it up.  And as I read it, I realized that it was perfect as it was and really fit in with my post from yesterday evening.  I had never read it in its entirety.  Here it is in case you've never read it all:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
- Reinhold Niebuhr

1 comment:

  1. "What I got was a singles' prayer marathon that guaranteed that my Godly spouse would show up soon and that I could be married by January 27th." Oh my goodness, who comes up with this stuff??!! LOL.

    Love the prayer and its application!

    ReplyDelete