Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's very late and the house is quiet....

I should probably be asleep.  But I'm not, and it's not insomnia that is keeping me awake.  I'm thinking, and thinking and thinking and thinking.  I really think that I am an old British soul trapped in an American body.  In the last couple of years, I have really discovered a love of British literature, the Bronte isters, Austen, etc.  Especially the ones that have been made into movies (and yes, I know this is not a complete sentence).  These new movies have introduced me to new British actors.  It's no wonder I'm still single.  I've got my heart set on a tall, dark, brooding British gentleman from the 1800s and what's my luck but they are all deceased.  Well, I won't lower my standards.  Haha.

That was a tangent.  What I've really been thinking about tonight it how bad my life is not.  I deceive myself sometimes (with the help of a roaring lion) that my life is horrible and that I'm really a nobody.  Then I see differently.  I hear the stories of others' lives and see the people that I do mean something to, and I know that this is not true.  I may not have material things that I think I need, or have all the relationships that I think I need, but what I do have is sufficient.  If I don't take the time to recognize these things, they might be taken away.

I want to let go and just live, but something stops me.  I need to LIVE before death takes the opportunity away from me.  I need to LOVE before the opportunity to show love to that person is taken away from me.  And I need to LEAVE this blog alone for tonight, because it's late and I'm thinking too much and I have church in the morning.  Good night.

1 comment: