Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review of Love in the Balance by Regina Jennings

I dare say that there is nothing that puts me in a positive mood quicker than a good book.  With all the good books I have read lately, my positive moods have been endless.  I want to share about one of these books with you.

A story that combines Christian values and historical romance, Love in the Balance is the second book by new author Regina Jennings.  Love in the Balance is the story of Molly Lovelace and Bailey Garner.  Molly and Bailey were introduced in Sixty Acres and a Bride, which was Mrs. Jennings' debut novel.  In the first book, Molly comes across as a shallow, selfish girl.  She is older in this book but some of her younger self still shows through as she tries to find a balance between her love for Bailey and her obedience and honor to her parents.  Bailey has his own struggles as he also seeks a balance between his love for Molly and knowing that he needs to prepare for the future before they can be together.  Throughout all of this is also the struggle to see where God is leading in all of this.

This story had me ensnared from the beginning.  There were several unexpected turns and it was hard to put down.  Whenever I read a book, I will try to guess what is going happen as the story unfolds.  I think it is the mark of an excellent author who can keep the reader guessing to the end and Regina Jennings does that with this book.  What I expected to happen in the story is not what happened at all and I really liked that about this book.  Mrs. Jennings grabs the reader's attention from the first and does not release them until the end of the book.  

Molly and Bailey's love goes through many trials, and I wondered until the end what would happen.  If you enjoy historical romance, then this book is a must read.  First, pick up a copy of Sixty Acres and a Bride.  After you read these two, join me in the wait for the third book (not out yet but I'm positive it will be as good a book as the first two).  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment