Thursday, May 30, 2013

Not beloved

First of all, I don't claim to know everything.  Sometimes God will show me something, and I like to share it because I think it may help someone else like it helped me. 

I went to a fast food place for lunch today.  The drive-thru line was long, so I went inside.  As I was getting my drink and waiting for my to-go order, an older woman walked in carrying her adorable grandchild.  I said, "Aren't you cute!" and the grandmother said thank you.  It appeared just on a cursory glance that the little girl might be special needs.  (I am not saying anything bad about special needs children.  I believe that all children are important.  I will use this statement to make a point later in the post.)

So why do I bring up my lunch hour vision?  Well, I have been struggling lately with feeling loved on an all-around basis.  By my family, by my friends, by God.  It's nothing that anyone has done in particular, I think it's an attack by the enemy.  I've had problems with this all my life.  So as I was leaving the restaurant, I get hit with the thought that that child's mother probably loved her whether or not she has Down's Syndrome.  Then it hit me that God is the same way.  He loves all His children no matter what issues they have, and believe me, I have a lot of issues.

Of course, this made me feel better for about 10 minutes and then the insecurities started rolling back in.  This is obviously something I need to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe an idea would be to pepper your home and car with God's love verses and look at them when Satan wants to deceive you. Kick Satan back with some truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea. I've been trying to recite them in my mind but it's not the same as seeing them written down.

    ReplyDelete